Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tech is BACK in Town!

OK is it too late for new years resolutions???
How about, Spring is here? Let's Write!?

Perfection has kept me away.
But no one is perfect
and I have some good ideas to share,
so let's go!

FIRST
Google Classrooms is AWESOME

I used it for a professional development I gave on close reading. It was an awesomely easy way to share links and different documents. WHAM!
It can be used and shared with any google account and, without school management software like e-chalk or another subscription service, you can reach and communicate to wide audience with only a few clicks!



SECOND
SO IS GOOGLE KEEP!

Just the day after I spent 15 minutes creating a post-it note, and more than 15 minutes looking for that same post-it, I discovered google keep! It is Google drive for your post-it notes! And they stick around! SO more getting stuff done! Keep.google.com :) Keep it!

Third
It was a really hard adjustment moving from having every technological advancement ready and at my fingertips to sifting through binders for what to do. Maybe that is the real reason I've stayed away so long. Although, bracing the digital divide is not easy, but there are always glimmers of hope! We have a few chromebooks and Ipads to share. Today a Kindergarten teacher did QR code math with Ipads! AHHH! YAY! It is crazy to see even the most apprehensive teachers jump and run when given technology!

Fourth
I'll be back!

No comments :

Post a Comment