Friday, August 1, 2014

Blogging Month Reflection

I think I did well this month!

Thanks Michelle for inviting us to this challenge. 30 days turned out to be too steep for me, and the last week I spent in the Michigan wilderness, but I learned a lot about myself and what I wanted out of my blog! I also enjoyed watching co-workers and complete strangers grow as bloggers. I knew the world of blogging was big, but I didn't realize just HOW big and how many educational resources and link-up were out there. It's time to take the training wheels off and get out there into the big blogging world to continue to learn, grow and contribute!



After spending the last week doing the great lakes circle tour, I'm not going to lie, it was absolutely awesome being away from technology and communication. I didn't have service, and there was nothing I could do about it except to keep relaxing, driving having adventures and making memories. I love technology and what it affords us as educators and learners, but sometimes no technology affords us something even greater!





















Other fun happenings... my mom's dog Stubs (@stubsoftheday) came for her very first visit to my house and LOVED it. After 2 failed professional grooming attempts she was personally washed and brushed (vacuum included) by Gordon and I! Apparently it was just in time as she had her first TV debut on a WCIU (brother's employer) pet segment.



Gordon also ran his very first 5K! We only walked about .3 miles of it so it was a huge accomplishment! He even said he's be willing to try the 10K next year. The best part? He won a medal! 3rd place in his age group. We were positive it was a mistake...the kicker? There were only 3 men in his age group! GO GORDON!




And Finally... Why could I find glue sticks faster than I could find lighter fluid this weekend?!! Haha...

No comments :

Post a Comment